Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Monday 14th April - The Eggfast, The Scientific Museum n The French Kiss

It was Vishu – The Kerala New Year – n the only ‘Vishuish’ thing the lazy bum did was calling up my family n relatives. It was also Ambekar Jayanti, a holiday here. The day began just like another day in Mumbai, with a jog down the marine drive. Yes, the lazy bum was slowly getting into a routine. The beauty of being crazy or the obsession for being systematic can be fully comprehended only when there’s a method in madness. In the city of organized chaos, I was discovering a method in madness.

Smiling Buddha n the Lazy bum called up the Seemingly Sane girl from the sleep n decided to meet up at Café NewYork for breakfast. Seeming sane girl, who prefers watching a sunset over sunrise any day, was late. The lazy bum hates calling up a person from sleep. You feel guilty, always doubting if you intruded into his/her bedroom n beautiful dreams. Even the person u called will feel obliged to wake up n honour the commitment (if any) just because he/she already committed. It helps nobody.

The breakfast was my usual eggfast along with the baked beans. I don’t think I can love n hate a food item to an extent more than I do love n hate egg. The mere sight of the baked beans brought back memories of the famous ‘baked beans joke’ n I couldn’t help but smile.


After finishing the breakfast, we chalked out the plans for the day, The Seemingly Sane Girl was reading the map, the Smiling Buddha was listening. I thought - To hell with Allen n Barbara Pease, the authors of “Why men don’t listen and Women can’t read maps”.


Not in my weirdest dreams I would ve thought I would visit a scientific park in Mumbai. But that was our plan for the hot n humid morning– Revise n learn the basic fundas we learned or didn’t care to learn in the school days !!! As we got down from the famous Mumbai local train at the Mahalakshmi station and moved towards our destination, we could get a quick glimpse of the “ Dhobi Ghaat” – Where the dhobis wash away the dirt from the clothes , so that people could start the next day afresh having purged themselves of the sins performed the previous day.

Even if I had imagined in my weirdest dreams I would visit the scientific park , I would never have imagined I would enact a French kiss in Mumbai in a scientific park, with a complete stranger, somebody who i was seeing for the first time , somebody who was taller than me , in such a weird position, amidst the presence of lots of peering eyes, Smiling Budha n Seemingly Sane girl's among them. I thought - What the F***, i had to do it - N the Seemingly Sane girl, ever so sane, captured it in frames.


By around noon, it was time for us to welcome another of our friends from K. There’s this common explanation by people whose name begin with ‘A’ that the name is so because they wanted to be first in everything ( as A is the first alphabet) . If we have to go with this explanation, this friend of ours wanted to be first, second n third in everything. ABC had caught a rick, jumped on to a bus, then to a train n finally a cab to meet us...

No comments: